Meet the Photographer

Monday, December 28, 2009

I Heart Faces: Hilarious Outtakes



This week's I Heart Photo Challenge is all about the funny "rejected" photos. As a photographer, I often end up with a lot of hilarious out takes when going through my photos. A lot of time I keep them in the proofs so the client can share in the laughter with me. I am positive that a lot of these photos will end up in wedding slideshows in about 20 years!

I've found that my funniest clients are boys between the ages of 2 and 4. They are unpredictable and often uncooperative, and it makes my job fun. I really wish I had video of the shoots because the behind the scenes is usually even funnier than the out take. I had a hard time choosing just 5 photos, so I just went with my most recent.

This is Pryce. He was working hard not to cross his eyes so he could get a stick of gum.

This one is in my top 10 fav photos of the year.

Elijah has learned how to ham it up for the camera.

This is the same shoot, and Elijah definitely knew what he was doing!

Sometimes my favorite photo of the shoot comes from something that could be considered an out take.

My mom has about 20 photographs from a studio when we tried to have family photos taken when I was a child. Then, I am sure my mom was quite frustrated with my brothers and I making silly faces and not cooperating, but now they are some of our favorite photos. I love that humor trumps perfection in the end.
-Jenny

3 comments:

the monkeys' mama said...

i love the family photo op. Elijah seems to be such an hilarious kid! so fun!

and i love your last line--humor trumps perfection! so true!

Karin said...

Such cute photos! You're right...humor is the best. My mother-in-law has a hilarious old family photo where my husband is making a face and it is a family favorite to this day.

Erin said...

Humor ALWAYS trumps perfection. Great shots.