Meet the Photographer

Monday, February 8, 2010

I Heart Faces: Kisses

It's all about kisses this week at I heart Faces! 



This was a hard one for me. I have a lot of cute baby kisses, some adorable lovey kisses, and some romantic wedding kisses. 
After a small debate, I had to go with this photo because of the story behind it. I photographed Mandy's wedding last week, and it was a blast. She and Ryan were planning on getting married this summer, but due to her grandpa's deteriorating health, she decided to push the wedding up to January. In the middle of the reception she pulled me over to get a shot of her with her grandpa. I took the formal photo, and then she leaned over and kissed him. That's when I captured this:


Isn't it sweet? And I love the grain! So many photographers use Noise Ninja or another software to rid images of noise, and that is necessary at times, but sometimes you've just got to embrace the grain. :)
-Jenny
P.S. For those of you who have been missing me over here, I've been busy updating my personal blog. You can find that here. :)

6 comments:

team krasean said...

Love this one! The story is so sweet and you can see the joy in the grandpa's face.

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

Oh this is so sweet. I love the story behind it. What a sweet memory she'll have to treasure.

Audra Bender Photography said...

this is so adorable, what a cute man! love it.

Samantha said...

What a totally sweet pic!! I Heart it!!!!

Pol said...

Wonderful shot! I know she will treasure this forever

amandanbo said...

very sweet moment! lovin' that grain!