Meet the Photographer

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Help Us Help Our Friend Concert

I'm trying to catch up on blogging my latest photographic endeavors, and I actually have a little time on my hands as of late, so get ready for a lot of new posts :)

I have decided that concert photography is one of my favorite past times. This is by far one of the more difficult types of photography because the lights are constantly changing and the people on stage are moving everywhere, yet at the same time it yields some fun images.
Here are a few I captured at a benefit concert last weekend:



I was trying some different effects. This is what I call motion zooming. With the shutter speed slowed down, I zoomed while taking the exposure. I'm still working on this technique as it usually ends up just a blur without a focal point, but this one actually came out how I intended it.





I love how the light is hitting him in this photo.






The show was good, and I got to see a few people I hadn't seen in a while. More importantly though, the concert was benefiting Nick Martin, who was severely injured in a car accident last September. To read the entire story, click here. Please remember to keep him and his family in your prayers.

~Jenny

1 comment:

Beth said...

This was a nice concert we went to and your pictures came out great. I really like the one at the top of the guitarist, the one in color.