Meet the Photographer

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Reagan

The other day I was browsing Twitter and read a tweet that said “If you get too busy, you’ll drop relationships because relationships are never efficient. They can’t be.” It made me think about how easily I let my friendships evaporate like a puddle on a steamy summer day. It seems like one day they are there and thriving, then the next thing I know it feels awkward for me to call the person to hang out. Luckily, most friendships go into the water cycle and turn into clouds, which then rain down to turn into a puddles again. (Okay, maybe I’m taking the puddle analogy too far.)


Yesterday I spent the morning/afternoon (what would you call the time from 11 o’clock to 2?) with my friend Danielle and her two babies, Eion (the Irish spelling of Owen) and Reagan. It had been far too long since I’d seen or talked to Dani, because as I stated earlier, I let my friendships evaporate. But we were able to catch up with each other today. Not only did we get to chat and have fun, I also captured some incredible images of her kids. After months of trying to conceive, God has blessed Dani with 2 babies in 2 years. Her house is a busy one full of love, laughter and hints of Ireland - did I mention that her husband, Anthony, is Irish? I could listen to him talk all day. :)


Little Miss Reagan was the main focus today. She is officially 1 month and 9 days old. She still has the new baby smell and the cashmere baby skin. I could hold her all day, while listening to Anthony talk.....we’ll plan a day of that, okay, Dani?






This is my favorite shot of the day. Eoin has plans to toughen Reagan up once Mom turns her back. :)





Thanks for letting me get a glimpse of your life!
-Jenny

2 comments:

Beth said...

She's so sweet. I love the one of her and Eoin.

Dani said...

oh, Jenny! I LOVE THESE!! I can't wait to see the rest of your pictures...your work is really amazing! :)