Meet the Photographer

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I Heart Faces: Wedding Bells


Have I ever mentioned my addiction to blogs? I love getting a glimpse into other people's lives through their writing and photos. As much as I love facebook, I think I almost love blogs better. They are like a good book that you just can't put down until you get the whole story, whereas facebook is like a magazine that keeps you up to date with pop culture. Hmmm, I definitely think that could be a new SAT analogy - Blogs : Novels :: Facebook : ___________. :)

While perusing my favorite blogs I ran across a photo contest being judged by Jasmine Star, who is one of my photography idols. The contest is hosted by I Heart Faces, which has now been added to my Google Reader. In normal Jenny fashion, I hesitated entering because I have fear of failure, but then decided to throw caution to the wind and go for it. The stipulations for this week's entry was a wedding photo with a face in it.

I decided to use this photo of the beautiful Shauna because I just love her and I just love this image. If you look carefully enough you can almost hear her laughing. <3

You should head over to www.iheartfaces.blogspot.com to check out the other entries. I love being inspired by so many other great photographers!
-Jenny

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Jenny! I love your picture. And I am so delighted that you joined. Now, just know, even if you don't win, your picture is FANTABULOUS! It is so fun to meet new people and see new styles. You will love I heart faces. I know TONS of really great picture takers that haven't won yet. It's all about learning and growing and LOVING faces : ). Welcome! Nice to meet you!

way outnumbered said...

You're right...she makes me want to laugh with her. I love your description...without the Savior we are all nothing. THanks for sharing!