Meet the Photographer

Friday, July 10, 2009

50 in 500

I was inspired by Melissa Jill, another one of my photography idols, to come up with 101 goals to complete in 1001 days. I am always telling my students that they should set goals, so I figure I should follow my own advice. As I was coming up with my list, I got stuck around #70, so I decided to pare it down to 50 in 500. :)

Today's Date: July 10, 2009
500 Days From Now: November 23, 2010

That took some serious math!!! It seems forever away, but I know it will be here before I know it. Not everything on the list pertains to photography and that's okay. :) Oh, and I must admit that I cheated a bit because some of these are already in progress.

2. Launch www.jennyslens.com
3. Attend a photography workshop
4. Get a new logo for Jenny's Lens
5. Visit Chicago
6. Organize my iTunes Library into playlists
7. Go on a missions trip
8. Reach my ideal weight
9. Blog everyday for a month
10. Visit my friend Steven in Philly
11. Organize my filing system in my classroom
12. Get some "gallery prints" of my work
13. Get a dog
14. Take an art class
15. Work out 4x a week for a month
16. Read the Bible cover to cover
17. Create studio/office for photography
18. Visit Redding, CA
19. Take a road trip
20. Shoot a destination wedding
21. Get photography business onto The Knot
22. Re-learn the guitar
23. Create photo books from my snapshots through the years
24. Find a cool way to package my photo products
25. Solve my Rubik's Cube
26. Get better about sending out cards to past clients
27. Join a photography forum
28. Read one classic lit book that I haven't read
29. Upgrade to a 17" Macbook Pro
30. Do another family shoot of my entire family
31. Plant my own garden
32. Run a 5K
33. Invest in a 70-200 f/2.8 lens
34. Organize the folders on my laptop
35. Start a teaching blog
36. Start using only reusable grocery bags
37. Create info sheets for clients
38. Win a game of Scrabble
39. Create my own recipe box like Mom's
40. Memorize a book of the Bible -- yes that says book
41. Begin sponsoring a child in another country
42. Apply for membership in the Wedding Photojournalists Association
43. Send vendors photographs from weddings
44. Go on a float trip
45. See the movie "What About Bob?"
46. Plan a B4 reunion
47. Travel to a different continent
48. Do 25 consecutive push-ups (the real kind!)
49. Pay for everything with cash for one month
50. Document a "Day in my life" with photographs

Wish me luck and I challenge you to create your own list!

Oh, and because every post is better with a photo, here is a little something I'm working on :)

IMG_5831
-Jenny

No comments: